Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saxon's,

Check out this beauty. I get nervous when I take it out of the case!

The original owner passed away and she had bought it new and played it when she was in College in the 40's and then put it in the closet. Even the case is minty.

I'm going to try to post a slideshow, which I haven't done before. Here's a couple of teasers:

And hopefully this is the slideshow if you want to see more.
http://s122.photobucket.com/user/Odellamps/slideshow/1946 Conn 10M

Willy O

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
276 Posts
Wonderful!
But how does she play when not
played much all those past years?
When she plays as good as she
looks.... a dream
Patrick

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wonderful!
But how does she play when not
played much all those past years?
When she plays as good as she
looks.... a dream
Patrick
Patrick,

I saved the best for last....she plays beautifully. Quick action, springy keys. A little extra effort to play the lowest notes, but overall I am amazed at how well it plays with zero work. I will probably have a pad or 2 replaced. They all appear to be original Conn Reso-pads that are in excellent shape.

As to the serial number question, you can see this pic in the slideshow:

I'll add the slideshow link again here:
http://s122.photobucket.com/user/Odellamps/slideshow/1946 Conn 10M

·
276 Posts
Wonderful to hear
that it plays well too.
so you're in real luck my friend
All the best
patrick

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
Beautiful, most often there is a dent on the bow somewhwere, lol.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a gorgeous 319XXX that I sold a few years back. Lovely sax and they play like a dream. Replaced the thumbhook and lower the strap ring and it was a monster. You have a nice one.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?150048-FS-Conn-Tenor-Sax-10M-wit-RTH-%28319XXX-%29&highlight=Conn+Tenor+10M
Hutmo,

I took a look at your thread. Looks like very closely related sister saxes. Since I have revealed my serial number, how close together are they?

If you still had it, we could have a contest to see who has the cleanest case!

And here is the picture that shows the most signs of wear. Proves it was played, but beautifully taken care of.

Willy O

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hands down these are my favourite horns, congrats, this one is a beauty. I have a 284xxx that plays like a beast. But it is not pretty like yours!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hands down these are my favourite horns, congrats, this one is a beauty. I have a 284xxx that plays like a beast. But it is not pretty like yours!
Thanks, 38! It is a beauty. Adding a couple of pics next to my Selmer TS100 Tenor, to show the nice aged lacquer color compared to a clear lacquered horn.

Decisions, decisions! What to play? The Conn has a majical tone, but the Selmer doesn't make me nervous taking it out!

Willy O

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks, 38! It is a beauty. Adding a couple of pics next to my Selmer TS100 Tenor, to show the nice aged lacquer color compared to a clear lacquered horn.

Decisions, decisions! What to play? The Conn has a majical tone, but the Selmer doesn't make me nervous taking it out!

Willy O

I always think they are so dainty compared to clumpy Selmers etc. You can see the difference in the Bell size. and you can feel the difference in the weight too Also the lack of ribbing makes for a horn that definitely Vibrates more ( It`s got kinda like sacrilege to say that round these parts nowadays but We Know better):)

·
276 Posts
Did you get used to the keywork.
Many here complain the the hand pinky table?
I have a friend who found a real killer 10M, absulte monster sound.
But he didn´t buy because of the left hand table keywork.

PS: It´s wonderful to look at this great pics of your 10M

Patrick

Hutmo,

I took a look at your thread. Looks like very closely related sister saxes. Since I have revealed my serial number, how close together are they?

If you still had it, we could have a contest to see who has the cleanest case!

And here is the picture that shows the most signs of wear. Proves it was played, but beautifully taken care of.

Willy O

1 - 20 of 27 Posts