Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a metal ligature to fit my Otto Link 4 star tenor piece?
I'm not sure I want the original one, but I'd appreciate your opinion/experience regarding different ligatures.

I know there are leather ligs and a lot of other of this type, but is there a metal one that fits?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I'm looking for a metal ligature to fit my Otto Link 4 star tenor piece?
I'm not sure I want the original one, but I'd appreciate your opinion/experience regarding different ligatures.

I know there are leather ligs and a lot of other of this type, but is there a metal one that fits?

Thanks
Yes, a Selmer 404. Phil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, I have RICO RTS2LN which fits an average Otto Link STM but doesn't fit OL Four Star.
Is there a difference (in size) between Rico RTS2LN and Selmer 404?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, a Selmer 404. Phil
I'm really happy to ask experienced people! Maybe you know if there a difference in size between Rico RTS2LN and Selmer 404 ligatures?

I have Rico and it doesn't fit the Four Star and fits only STM. Four Star seems to be wider a little bit.

Thank you in advance!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,582 Posts
I have a Tone Master which is a little bigger in circumference than my Early Babbitt STM. I like the 404 on the Early Babbitt but it is too snug for the Tone Master, so I looked in my mouthpiece box and dug out an Olegature (model??), which fits and works well on the Tone Master.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Tone Master which is a little bigger in circumference than my Early Babbitt STM. I like the 404 on the Early Babbitt but it is too snug for the Tone Master, so I looked in my mouthpiece box and dug out an Olegature (model??), which fits and works well on the Tone Master.
Interesting. Thanks for the info!

·
Administrator Emeritus
18,270 Posts
Master Link, Four**** and Tone Master models have bigger outer dimensions compared to the later STM Otto Link models. You can also use a Tone Master ligature for your Four****. I don't have Selmer ligs here, but for my Master Link I also use a wide Rovner ligature (wouldn''t know which model).

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,481 Posts
also the Francois Louis ultimate ligature should fit , there are several sizes and you may need to use a smaller size than you normally would.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts