Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,579 Posts
I had a 875 for about two years,,sold it to buy a Z,,biggest mistake I ever did! The 875 was way better,in tone,, ergonomic,but mostly a beautifull dark and nice sound !!The Z just desapointed from day one! Sold the Z in about three months!!! If I would buy another Yamaha tenor,,it would be an original 875.In my opinion the old 875 are GREAt saxes!!
All the best
Saxobari

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,579 Posts
Sambeau,keep that baby!
I made the mistake to sell ind,,it was a great horn,,though i had an overhaul done and paid by Yamaha cause my 875 had really bad pads,they were so sticky that I had to bring the horn every month to have it looked at fixed,,so after a while I made a complaint to yamaha that agreed to add a complete overhaul no cost,,also oone of Montreal best reputation did the overhaul,and did a fabulous job,,he did put thinner pads,and after that man the horn came alive! before that the horn was dead! Anyways,,i am sure you read my former post that I got a Z,,to my desapointment!
Too late the 875 was gone!!
In my new search now I am very very happy with my other tenor,,a 9 years Serie III which I really love also!
I have no regrets getting that III,a fabulous sax,,just as much as my 875 was!So I would'nt hesitate to get another 875,,but my preference was a Selmer,like my baritone!
All the best
Saxobari

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.