Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my high school, there are younger Tenors in need of mouthpieces. I have a TL3, and am looking to upgrade and pass mine down to a younger person.

Is the Selmer Concept mouthpiece a good replacement? Its hard to find good reviews on it since it is newer, does anyone have experience on it? I'm looking for a good classical mouthpiece in the ~$250 range.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't speak from experience, but I've heard that the Concept is only worthwhile on soprano.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
The TL3 is a very good mouthpiece ..... what is it you don’t like about the Optimum?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe you could try waiting until WWBW or somewhere else with a good return policy stocks it so you can try it out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
Having played between the TL3/4 and T20 for the past 8 years, as soon as I tried the tenor Concept I bought one. For me it was an immediate improvement in feel, projection, color, richness, etc. It’s what I’ve been wanting for classical tenor for a long time. I highly recommend you try one. We do have them for sale at Tenor Madness if you’d like to buy one through us; you’d have a week to return it if you didn’t dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The Concept is an excellent classical tenor mouthpiece. However, it is a misconception to think that you are upgrading from the TL3 to the Concept. The Vandoren Optimum line of mouthpieces are professional mouthpieces which many professionals use.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts