Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a couple of PM system 76 altos at Sam Ash and although I loved the sound and look of the horns I found the pinky tables to be hard to reach. Playing on the 67R models this was no problem. My guess is that Sam Ash has older V1 models. I hear that the 2nd edition models have better ergonomics. Can anyone confirm what was changed?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any PM dealers out there know the answer?
Yes, currently Sam Ash has the MKI horns on in stock, but they are on closeout. The 2nd edition has a pinky table like the 66/67r, and single bracings on the lowest keys, as opposed double bracing. You can order in a 2nd Edition at Sam Ash, albeit at the regular, non-closeout price. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally got a chance to play test a new 2nd edition System 76 and confirmed my predictions that the eregonomics have been greatly improved over the earlier system 76. Much easier to play for those with shorter fingers. More like the 67R regarding the placement of the right and left hand tables. Great horn!

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you are going to order a new PM I would highly recommend Saxquest in St. Louis or PMWoodwind here in the Chicago Area. This way you will be assured that the horn is setup properly when you get it. I'm sure that Some Sam Ash stores have good technicians but I have not meet one yet.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, currently Sam Ash has the MKI horns on in stock, but they are on closeout. The 2nd edition has a pinky table like the 66/67r, and single bracings on the lowest keys, as opposed double bracing. You can order in a 2nd Edition at Sam Ash, albeit at the regular, non-closeout price. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Do you know what the close out price is on the 76 horns are?[rolleyes]

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are going to order a new PM I would highly recommend Saxquest in St. Louis or PMWoodwind here in the Chicago Area. This way you will be assured that the horn is setup properly when you get it. I'm sure that Some Sam Ash stores have good technicians but I have not meet one yet.

Just my opinion.
Carle Place, NYC, Indianapolis, White Plains, and Edison have great techs; as for other areas, I'm not sure.

Do you know what the close out price is on the 76 horns are?[rolleyes]
$2000

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just returned from the Sam Ash in Edison I asked if they carry the P. Mauriat saxophone lines. The response was ohh they went out of business. I informed her that they are still in business doing quite well then walked out. She didn't respond

2000 is a good price just need to find one anybody know which Sam Ash has the 76 in stock for $2000.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just returned from the Sam Ash in Edison I asked if they carry the P. Mauriat saxophone lines. The response was ohh they went out of business. I informed her that they are still in business doing quite well then walked out. She didn't respond

2000 is a good price just need to find one anybody know which Sam Ash has the 76 in stock for $2000.
Sam Ash still carries the line :facepalm:. We were informed that we couldn't get anymore until they found a new distributor last year. And we were then told that we can get them in for the past few months.

Gold or Dark Vintage lacquer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts