Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sadly my first post here has to be a negative one.

I ordered a mouth piece directly from Runyon Products about 6 weeks ago and after being patient long enough I called them to get an update. Both their toll free and direct lines are not longer in service.

Does anyone know what is going on? Kinda have to assume at this point they are now out of business.

Anyone know any different?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Hmmn, (337)-948-6252 seems to be disconnected. Not too promising. However, if you ordered a metal piece, lead time is 6 weeks.

"When ordering a metal mouthpiece lead time for delivery is (6)six weeks plus shipping time."

·
Registered
457 Posts
As a devoted Runyon Quantum player on alto and tenor, it seemed like this was coming for a while. I'm always on the lookout for spares, and they don't appear very often. Seems like those who have them hang on to them. I know I am. I have Miami Dukoffs, offset Bergs, Guardalas, Lakeys, Level Air, Selmer metal, etc., etc. The Quantum is my absolute favorite piece -especially on tenor- by a mile. For me nothing else has the depth, flexibility and richness of these.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts
I haven’t talked to them in a while, I was a Runyon dealer....I have some stock left, let me know what you’re looking for, happy to help if I can....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I haven’t talked to them in a while, I was a Runyon dealer....I have some stock left, let me know what you’re looking for, happy to help if I can....
Do you still have any Quantum for soprano?

·
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Figured I'd chime in here instead of starting a new thread, but it seems the Runyon website is down with an "Account Suspended" page in its place. Do we have a non-human entry for the "In Memory Of..." forum?

·
1,146 Posts
I am sad...

·
Registered
YTS 82Zii
415 Posts
Santy himself was a wonderful person. It is too bad that some other mouthpiece manufacturer didn't jump in and buy the line/factory 15 years ago. Santy's family isn't located where the factory is, and there was some disagreement as to how the business should have been managed. Most of Santy's staff had been with him for years, some as many as 30. They were skilled and loyal to him. He would be sad to know that his business is gone, but he knew that' where it would head once he passed.
For the price, I think there are some Runyon designs out there that are well worth the money. I have had a tenor Jaguar that I bought from Santy himself, a tenor protype that I still have that he gave me, a tenor metal Quantum 11 I still own, and two metal bari Quantums (12 and 14) that I still own. I have tenor pieces that I like more than the Quantum, but I also know that I can play a gig on that Quantum if I need to. As far as the bari pieces, I haven't played anything that gives me more of a big sound with punch. There are many bari pieces out their that I haven't tried because I didn't feel the need or desire to move away from the Quantum.

·
1,146 Posts
I wonder what happened to the left over stock?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,960 Posts
ihave a large collection runyons as they were cheap to buy new back in the day. jazz custom on alto is my fav. sr on tenor . custom on bari and rare xl derlin on sop.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am wondering about the prices a Runyon bari mouthpiece would go for (when bought new).
I bought a bari sax in February, there was a Runyon custom mouthpiece that came with the instrument. It's too bright for my taste, so I am thinking of selling it. But I can't find any information on the price that I could get for it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,969 Posts
I am wondering about the prices a Runyon bari mouthpiece would go for (when bought new).
I bought a bari sax in February, there was a Runyon custom mouthpiece that came with the instrument. It's too bright for my taste, so I am thinking of selling it. But I can't find any information on the price that I could get for it.
Best offer.

Seriously though, you'd probably do better offering it on the board here for trade and see the response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts