Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,948 Posts
See my new baby boy Gus (pic in avatar). When should I start him on lessons? ;)
Congratulations. Is he your first?

Start the lessons when he wants to, he looks like he knows his own mind.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
At this point I'd definitely go with a softer reed and fairly closed facing. The little mittens are also gonna have to be dealt with.

(It occurs to me that you maybe can attach that mouthpiece and reed to a baby bottle to start the acclimation process...)

(And also: congrats!)

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point I'd definitely go with a softer reed and fairly closed facing. The little mittens are also gonna have to be dealt with.

(It occurs to me that you maybe can attach that mouthpiece and reed to a baby bottle to start the acclimation process...)

(And also: congrats!)
The mittens are so he doesn't scratch his face. He's got sharp claws!!! But, they can't be trimmed just yet. Maybe I should get him a mini pair of those white gloves you see on ebay.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,407 Posts
I suggest when he starts bawling? Hook that thing in(seal with duct tape?) and get him to breath through his nose and out his mouth, maybe get musical bawlin'.:bluewink:

You might want to wait a couple of months....

BTW, congrats.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suggest when he starts bawling? Hook that thing in(seal with duct tape?) and get him to breath through his nose and out his mouth, maybe get musical bawlin'.:bluewink:

You might want to wait a couple of months....

BTW, congrats.
He's bawling is little lungs out plenty now. I should get a decibel meter. Although he might break it with those gas screams. And, I thought I had GAS. All I know is my ears are ringing!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor
4,379 Posts
Looks like he has a natural clarinet embouchure.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
He does look good next to my nino though...
Congrats, TJ.

Do the lil' one a favor and put that 'nino far away.

Tenor - It's all that matters. My kids are growing up listening to Turrentine and Shorter. And it seems to be working - my 8 year old is already in "enrichment" classes (scored high in math, reading, and creativity). I think it's all because of the music featured at home and in the car.

Tenor.

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
Since he is more into sucking right now than blowing just get him a reverse mouthpiece and let him start practicing.
Congratulations!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,213 Posts
Hey, congrats TJ!

Don't you stop blowing now that he's here.
He'll get used to it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts