Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest, does anyone knows if the current model 22 differs from the one, let's say, the one Parker used back in those time?

I do notice they now branded it as a student mpc and pro mpc back in those days but are there any physically difference?

At the end it is a mouthpiece that's been producing by Runyon for a long time....

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Don't know the answer, but I bought one a few months ago for fun...and it is a great piece. The rails are very wide, but I bet with a reface it would wail. The Model 22 looks (internally) and plays like a Brilhart Ebolin to me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,249 Posts
The rails are made wide with purpose to help a beginner. The wide rails reduce the risk of problems due to misplacement of the reed. (Info from Paul Coats coming from Santy Runyon)
I have one also. Great mpc and gives you a touch of the Charlie Parker sound. (But not the technique, alas)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,613 Posts
i have a white parker era and several of the new ones and the modern one is WAY better -could be the parker era one needs a re face by now. i am lucky enough to have a j gerber custom job 22 that he sold years back as a tone link. its amazing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.