Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,508 Posts
Maybe create a new section for those game-threads. On occasion, the section where the games are now listed also will have a subject more interesting to me. So, I still check that section just because of that. I'd rather avoid those games and not have to open the games-section. DAVE

·
14,508 Posts
I just returned home from an Alaskan cruise - with awful internet service on board. On the ship when I saw there was a new post in the Member's Lounge, I felt compelled to open that section to see if the post involved some interesting-to-me subject other than the numerous word-games. Almost always it was yet another post in those endless game-threads. This took time (and frustration) I didn't like experiencing.

It seems simple enough for the admins to create a separate section for the games so that those who are interested in playing them can do so without me (and the others who don't play the games) having to open the Lounge every time there is a new post. This imposes no losses or restrictions on any of the forum members. It merely creates a section that we can choose to ignore without hurting those who use it.

It seems to me that the FOR-SALE threads are of more interest to more of us than the games-threads. Still, if we don't want to buy anything, we can forego opening those sales-threads. DAVE

·
14,508 Posts
Been there before . . . needed some down-time from all the splendor. What better than to relax with a jack-on-rocks and questions about matching a metal mouthpiece to a c-melody? DAVE

·
14,508 Posts
It isn't about clicking on one or all of the games, it is about clicking on the Lounge when it shows there are new posts. It is only after you open the Lounge that you see that the only new posts are in the games-threads.

While I am no expert on how to design a forum, I recall that other subjects over the 20 or so years I've been on SOTW have been created to narrow the subject matter - why not all of those word games? They seem to have enough participation that a specific games-thread would allow those with games-interest to continue their postings there without involving those of us who don't participate. DAVE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts