Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Out of Office
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,105 Posts
I also dislike having those in the new posts view (when logged in). Individual threads cannot be removed from New Posts, but a subforum can, but can only be done globally and not for specific members.

But if enough people want this, and the people who use those threads don't mind, then I would be happy to look into how possible this is. But don't hold your breath!

·
Out of Office
30,105 Posts
Seeing as (as I mentioned above) as far as I know none of this can be done on a per user preference basis, if we could do this (and that is IF) then we'd want some kind of majority consensus on what we do.

I suspect we won't please half the people half the time. Not even a quarter of the people a third of the time.

·
Out of Office
30,105 Posts
As per my original question, I would like to be able to personally mark a Forum / Sub-Fourm / Thread to indicate that I don't want it to appear on "New Posts". I don't want to impose anything on other forum members or end up with an inflexible system.

It isn't just the Games threads, I also get fed up with many of the For Sale and Wanted threads and some particular threads where they descend into tedious argument or ranting.

There seems to be an automatic system of flagging up where I have started or contributed to a thread. Not understanding the mechanics of what is "under the hood" of the forum I don't know whether what I want is easy or even possible, but it would make my SOTW experience a lot better.

Rhys
That's right. When you start or contribute to a thread you are subscribed automatically. You can also subscribe to threads or forums manually (so you get notified even if you haven't contributed)

But to have threads or forums discudsed from your very own personal New Posts list is not something that is possible in this clunky old forum software

Agreed, the best solution would be to empower each individual member to flag threads that they personally don't wish to see.
See above, ideal but not possible with this software.

·
Out of Office
30,105 Posts
This thread is about people having their own filters for what they see. I don’t think it is possible. It may be with a third party plugin but only VS (the company that owns the forum) can install those.

However I seriously doubt there is anything that would work well with the current antiquated software.

Recently there was a thread suggesting to update the forum, but I think the overwhelming response was against that. I may be wrong, need to look for that thread.

But again, only BS can do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts