Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see anything on this. Sorry if this is an ignorant question. I don't want my metal resos to be taken out because of a bad pad. . . sometimes they don't even put resos on the pad. This is especially the case with the left hand palm keys.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
A pad can be replaced with a matching resonator, A considerate technician will do it without you asking (sadly not all technicians are so thoughtful). Changing resonators without changing pads is a little more challenging. Many resonators are riveted to the pad making removal problematic, and getting the pad seat exactly where it was when re-installing can be tricky.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,938 Posts
I don't want my metal resos to be taken out because of a bad pad. . .
That sounds like you want to install a new pad with the old (or similar) resonator.

Yes, that can be done.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A pad can be replaced with a matching resonator, A considerate technician will do it without you asking (sadly not all technicians are so thoughtful).
I suspect that is what happened with my Sax. There are plastic resos, metal ones, and some with just a rivet... It was a bit strange to discover that when I was playing through the notes and noticed a slight (noticable only to me) discrepency between the "sound". But I love the way she sounds so it's not a big deal to me. I think having all metal resos would make her too bright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts