Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is It Just Me or have any of you ever played along with the scrolling sheet music and accompaniment tracks by Sergey Brazhnik? These excellent, beautifully produced tracks (over 200 of them) for both alto and tenor saxophone, were available on YouTube for years. Now, as of yesterday, they are all gone. What a great resource! ... such fun to play along with and to grow with.

So, am I the only one who misses Sergey Brazhnik?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Are you serious? I haven't checked for maybe a week but I downloaded some of them as MP3s since I am completely off grid at the cabin. There was some very good stuff there. On a side note, some of the stuff is still there but under a different name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPKaKO6GQ1w or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy4x6wHjMk but it looks like they are pirated copies of Sergey Brazhnik (even his name is on the sheet music but the sound quality is pretty horrible)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it may have been an international copyright thing. Just like that, and it was gone without a word. I was about play when it happen. The videos were first unplayable and then they vanished. Yes, there are some people with a couple of them mixed in with some other other stuff. But the site of 250+ Brazhnik tracks is gone. It would sure be nice if they could find a way to return.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, he has magically reappeared after being deleted for days.
Strange.
Welcome back, Sergey, whoever you are!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I love his work. I actually contribute funds to him monthly via his Patreon account. I was disappointed when I couldn';t find his stuff last night. I had been playing along to his transcription/arrangement of Euge Groove’s Livin’ Large recently. Glad to know he';s back (have yet to confirm that myself).

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it seems to me that everything that disappeared a few days ago has come back. And I, too, am very glad about it.
I certainly wish I had such a resource when I was first learning the saxophone.
How great for everyone just starting out on the journey.... and, of course, the rest of us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to see them go. what happened
Is It Just Me or have any of you ever played along with the scrolling sheet music and accompaniment tracks by Sergey Brazhnik? These excellent, beautifully produced tracks (over 200 of them) for both alto and tenor saxophone, were available on YouTube for years. Now, as of yesterday, they are all gone. What a great resource! ... such fun to play along with and to grow with.

So, am I the only one who misses Sergey Brazhnik?
yo también lo extraño

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've been practicing along with some of them as a fun sight reading exercise. Glad to hear they are back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts