Sax on the Web Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Conn 6M, 1924 Conn C Melody gold plated time capsule, Antigua Powerbell Tenor
78 Posts
So this is really interesting. Thank you for posting the ad. My C Melody came with a Holton mouthpiece. It is the color stated for C Mel so that cleared that up, I was wondering if it was really a C Mel mouthpiece. It was a one owner horn. The orig owners grand daughter was selling it. He was a professional player and must have really loved using
this mouthpiece on this horn as it is pretty worn. I've been looking for one in better shape. Now I'm not sure lol. This thing is heavy too. Pretty sure if I whipped it across the room and it hit someone just right it could knock them out.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,480 Posts
So this is really interesting. Thank you for posting the ad. My C Melody came with a Holton mouthpiece. It is the color stated for C Mel so that cleared that up, I was wondering if it was really a C Mel mouthpiece. It was a one owner horn. The orig owners grand daughter was selling it. He was a professional player and must have really loved using View attachment 101063 View attachment 101064 View attachment 101065 View attachment 101066 View attachment 101067 this mouthpiece on this horn as it is pretty worn. I've been looking for one in better shape. Now I'm not sure lol. This thing is heavy too. Pretty sure if I whipped it across the room and it hit someone just right it could knock them out.
That mouthpiece gets a record for the most used, WOW ! I’m sure that man could tell you what bakelight tasted like.

Can I talk you into posting on the Holton Serial number record.

Maybe add your pictures and story history here ?

·
4,480 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Reactions: PigSquealer

·
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Back in the sixties I worked in a scientific lab and handled powdered bakelite on a daily basis for four years. That was 60 years ago and I am still around.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts