Sax on the Web Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
MY SOLUTIONS:

A few weeks after posting the original question, and after receiving some great responses, here are my concluding thoughts:

As I get older, the Food & Drink benefit have taken on more value & deserve intentionality:

#1 Option: I arrive a little earlier, order a grilled chicken (or steak or salmon) salad with dressing on the side. I nibble on it before the gig, again during the next two breaks, then take the rest home as a carry out. This keeps food light on my stomach while playing, it is not temperature sensitive that needs eaten quickly. Some of these salads are huge! They actually serve as a late lunch plus a late evening meal.

Just looking for value but also comfort, I just can't play well with a huge burger & fries laying below the diaphragm like a sack of cement

So there you have it.... thanks for input

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't consider it any form of "pay boost." Because usually, I don't eat or drink at the gigs. I refuse each time gently because I follow my diet. However, since my wife is so addicted to cooking and eating healthy food, she insists on eating just her food. It's a little bit weird, but it's my reality. Sometimes when I'm at the gigs all day long, I take lunchboxes prepared with love (as she says always). I was wondering where she does find so many recipes. So, the "culprit" is Simple And Home Food Recipes And Cocktails | Lola Covington lol, and I hope I have enough sense of humor that you are gonna appreciate it!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just can't play well with a huge burger & fries laying below the diaphragm like a sack of cement
Only because you've never been served stuffed cabbage right before the gig! Guitar trio, me standing in front of the rhythm section trying hard to hold in the alternative air supply!

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Only because you've never been served stuffed cabbage right before the gig! Guitar trio, me standing in front of the rhythm section trying hard to hold in the alternative air supply!
Gassing the rhythm section after a good meal - priceless!! (been there)

81 - 85 of 85 Posts