Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saxonthewebbers,

Is everything cool with charlie A's? I ordered a new Quantum for my Soprano almost a month ago. I've been charged, but no piece and zero communication.

I've sent several e-mails and all were returned. I've called and left messages and none have been returned. Now the phone just rings and rings and rings.

Over the years I've bought several mouthpieces from Charlie and now that he's gone to that big gig in the sky, his wife Linda. I've never experienced this type of service from them.

I wonder what is up? Any ideas? If I don't hear something soon I may have to nuke the charge from my card.:(

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Ralph,

I think it would be wise to contact your credit card company. Others have reported the same situation you have, for a while now.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I still didn´t get the spoiler I paid for 2 years ago for my runyon custom soprano mpc. I sent several e-mails and even talked to linda at the phone and she promised to send it but that was 8 Months ago. Luckly I don´t miss the spoiler very much since I pleased with the mpc without it.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Suuuurrrprise!

Have you used the infamous "search" button before ordering? :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer....

Well,

I called the old credit card company and nuked the charge. Still haven't heard anything from Charlie A's. Ordered the piece from WWBW and got a Phil Barone Vintage Hard Rubber piece to go with it as well to see which sound I like best.

Sure is a shame about Charlie A's if it is true. I don't understand the lack of communication nor the situation. I hope everything is OK with Charlies wife Linda. I hope its not a health situation or something of the sort.

Regards,

Ralph.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ralph....I ordered some reeds from Charlie A's in early July. I didn't receive my order so I sent them an e-mail inquiry. The mail requested a response. I got none, so my credit card company is canceling the charge. This is the second time I've had problems with them being unresponsive. The last time I finally received my order, one reed short.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,370 Posts
I had several emails from Linda describing various computer problems and excuses for why my mouthpiece never shipped. After a while those stopped as well. No mouthpiece ever arrived, and its been quite a while now.
Glad you got your money back.
It's such a shame since Charlie used to pride himself so much on his customer service!

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
Shameless plug here.

I carry Runyon pieces along with Jody Jazz pieces at www.smartwoodwinds.com I'm still building inventory so I may have to place an order directly with Runyon or Jody depending on what you order but I believe my prices are very competitive. I also check out every piece that I get from them to ensure that it is within spec.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,019 Posts
Hurling Frootmig said:
Shameless plug here.

I carry Runyon pieces along with Jody Jazz pieces at www.smartwoodwinds.com I'm still building inventory so I may have to place an order directly with Runyon or Jody depending on what you order but I believe my prices are very competitive. I also check out every piece that I get from them to ensure that it is within spec.
Will you also be stocking and "cataloging" which ligatures fit these mouthpieces? I haven't found a Runyon lig which was much good yet. Having a source that carries a lig which works with runyon pieces would be nice.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
Rovners for Runyons

Rovners work well for plastic Runyons, at least for my Customs (sop, alto and tenor)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hurling Frootmig said:
Shameless plug here.

The sad thing is i haven't read all about this and just checked out on charlieA :( just now on X.L , i already sent email to them for cancelation, hopefully i don't get charged....... so after that i checked out the same item on smartwoodwinds. just wanted to ask that my receipt states that shipping price is $8.95 standard, but i'm from outer states, i'm in australia. shipping cant be that cheap? ......just want to ask around when will i see the arrival of this mpc :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts