Sax on the Web Forum banner

Is anyone here with cyst?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sandster 
#1 ·
Like many others, I had issues in the inside of my lower lip, but it's not only the teeth-mark: Near the damaged area, I felt poppy seed-sized (or bigger) roughness in or under the mucous, which hindered me from maintaining a proper embouchure. I've changed mouthpiece, and after a while, as I started to fell comfortable with it, the problem has occurred again.
Have you ever felt the same?

#4 ·
I had a huge unsightly growth on my lip that the dentist removed.
It has drastically improved my playing.
The growth was called a “Metallite”.
Dentist said they are very common and many people have them at one point or another but they really should be removed and destroyed ASAP to prevent possible spreading.

#5 ·
I had a huge unsightly growth on my lip that the dentist removed.
It has drastically improved my playing.
The growth was called a "Metallite".
Dentist said they are very common and many people have them at one point or another but they really should be removed and destroyed ASAP to prevent possible spreading.
Ah good. I thought you said a "Metalite". Those are really benign. Especially with the right reed.

#6 ·
I have a cyst in my palate. My GP says it's not cancerous. It is a kind of bump coming up near my top front tooth, (middle). It's full of soft gel, sort of, doesn't hurt and does not affect my playing on clar. sax or flute. I feel I got ripped off by the first oral surgeon I saw. Consult - $200, Scan-$300. His price for doing any exploring: anaesthetics-$500. Operation - $700. My health plan would pay $450 towards this, leaving me responsible for the rest. None of the docs I consulted knew what it was. I've decided to watch and wait...so far 6 months and no problems. My health insurance is a blessing, I realize, and do appreciate it. In this case, the private medical outfit doesn't qualify for all the coverage.

#7 ·
How are you doing? Have you had anything done to remedy your problem?
I had my GP draw out the stuff that formed my upper palette cyst. It was growing a little too much. Seems all is well now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.