Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread title says it all. This is a low Bb, non rth Keilwerth I'll be checking out. I have A Superba I alto that I love, if I can get this for a good price, I could bring it home.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
They are for tenor, along with the Conn DJH Modified 94M.
I assume similar for bari.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Same as the Superba II - top notch horn. I passed on one only because I had recently acquired a Superba I. A friend of mine picked up the Armstrong, and he sounds GREAT on it! Curious if you get it, and how you like it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Heritage with the low A on loan to me today. The tone is fat, it plays well in tune and the ergos are very comfortable. I don't know how it compares to a YBS, I just know this plays great!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the Heritage low Bb Baritone today, it's fabulous! It blows like a big tenor sax, I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had this baritone for few days now. What a great sax, killer tone, spot on intonation and very comfortable ergos. These are soooo undervalued! This is the third baritone I've owned, this one is a keeper!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
400 Posts
I've had this baritone for few days now. What a great sax, killer tone, spot on intonation and very comfortable ergos. These are soooo undervalued! This is the third baritone I've owned, this one is a keeper!
vbluesman, was the horn made in Germany?
Thanks!
Candy

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
They are the same according to saxpics.com but I in an old SOTW thread it is written that they were labled as student/intermediate saxophones. This makes it possible to be made with the same tooling but just different quality controls and maybe cheaper metal. But I don't know... I found the thread for you:
http://www.saxontheweb.net/SOTW_Archive/keilwerth/data/thread-39-spec-4605870.html

BTW; I have an Armstrong bari just like yours!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've just purchased a Armstrong 3070 Bb (SuperbaII) 72xxx.The only differences that I see between it and a Supreba,are the bell key guards ( Selmer like on the 3070) and of course the engraving is non existent on my 3070, except for the Atmstrong name on the bell. The key touches, seem to me to be the same size.

It was an Ebay purchase and in need of a complete overhaul, a new case and I'll need a mouthpiece.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,901 Posts
I've just purchased a Armstrong 3070 Bb (SuperbaII) 72xxx.The only differences that I see between it and a Supreba,are the bell key guards ( Selmer like on the 3070) and of course the engraving is non existent on my 3070, except for the Atmstrong name on the bell. The key touches, seem to me to be the same size.

It was an Ebay purchase and in need of a complete overhaul, a new case and I'll need a mouthpiece.
I'm actually borrowing a low A 3070, and it does appear to be a Superba II. Very good tone all around, but what surprises me the most are the ergonomics. The thing feels as compact as a tenor, which I can't say for some other baritones that I've picked up. My knowledge of this pitch is relatively limited, but the horn produces good intonation all around. Upper register has a distinctive rasp while the low end just rumbles. Lots of character, and the thing seems to be built like a tank. I'm having fun with it as long as I have it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm actually borrowing a low A 3070, and it does appear to be a Superba II. Very good tone all around, but what surprises me the most are the ergonomics. The thing feels as compact as a tenor, which I can't say for some other baritones that I've picked up. My knowledge of this pitch is relatively limited, but the horn produces good intonation all around. Upper register has a distinctive rasp while the low end just rumbles. Lots of character, and the thing seems to be built like a tank. I'm having fun with it as long as I have it.
The ergos are great..i did have Yamaha thumb hook soldered on.
I too struggle with any Eb horn...and will probably sell it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts