Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to post twice re. my iPhone problem, to no avail. It doesn't surprise me, being an oldster with very little understanding of computer stuff. My question: Why is SOTW so different on my iPhone? :evil:

·
Registered
434 Posts
...oh....never tried it on it he iPhone. Seems to me that the screen might be a bit small. I don’t think this site has a mobile configuration. I primarily use my iPad for saxontheweb.net, and it looks just like it does on my big screen Mac at home.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use SOTW on iPhone, I just set it too desktop mode aka the same as computer and it is easier to me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,878 Posts
Exit out of "enhanced view" it should be in the menu if you click the upper left corner (I think)

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,100 Posts
Have you tried using Debutante, the mobile style?

Even then, sadly, SOTW is not great on mobile - it's a very clunky obsolete forum software called vBulletin which was out long before people tried to use phones for websites. Bit of a shame really.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
enhanced view, menu, desktop, Debutante??

I can't even find out how to log in!

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,459 Posts
enhanced view, menu, desktop, Debutante??

I can't even find out how to log in!
I can help with the mobile version. To log in go to the three vertical dots on the top right. A pull down will open and you can figure it out from there. Find the menu under the three horizontal lines on the top left. I made a bookmark to the “Active Subjects” page rather than the forums page.

To post a reply you click on the round icon with a plus sign in it. To actually post it click on the airplane symbol.
I haven’t figured out how to quote someone yet. Same for starting a new thread. Maybe others will know.

I hope this helps some.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, but my pull down doesn’t show log in. It did, the very first and only time I tried.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I’ll be danged! I posted, THEN I was able sign out. I had been logged in for days, on the iPhone. I the signed out, logged in again and here we are! What a fooforall! Thanks again.

·
4,671 Posts
Have you tried using Debutante, the mobile style?

Even then, sadly, SOTW is not great on mobile - it's a very clunky obsolete forum software called vBulletin which was out long before people tried to use phones for websites. Bit of a shame really.
Just switched back to new debutant format. Much better than few months back. Enhanced mobile view is junk full of ads. Both hard to see on old 5c iPhone. To make the change on phone. Go to 3 bars on top left,click on. Go to bottom of menu “ exit mobile “click. That should load page looking and working close to iPad. Go to bottom left next to language, click. Select “ new debutant “ to change. One of those two choices should match what you’re used to on iPad. When all else fails ask a teen for help :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just switched back to new debutant format. Much better than few months back. Enhanced mobile view is junk full of ads. Both hard to see on old 5c iPhone. To make the change on phone. Go to 3 bars on top left,click on. Go to bottom of menu “ exit mobile “click. That should load page looking and working close to iPad. Go to bottom left next to language, click. Select “ new debutant “ to change. One of those two choices should match what you’re used to on iPad. When all else fails ask a teen for help :)
Excellent advice, thanks a lot!
Finally I'm able to browse SOTW on my old iPhone 5, what a treat.
It's been in my bookmarks since I got the thing in 2013 and after 6 years I can access it, what a laugh! :D

·
4,671 Posts
Excellent advice, thanks a lot!
Finally I'm able to browse SOTW on my old iPhone 5, what a treat.
It's been in my bookmarks since I got the thing in 2013 and after 6 years I can access it, what a laugh! :D
Really glad it helped you! You’re very welcome. I hope it does help some other members as well. I’ve only been on the form or year and still learning the inns and outs myself. I’ve yet to see actually instructions somewhere on how to use the website. That and itself is a learned art from just fiddling with everything. I’m not exactly the most tech savvy guy but I’m always trying.
Cheers 🐷

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012
3,189 Posts

Know exactly what you mean. Sorry for that.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,592 Posts
Wow the mobile view is really horrible. Took me a while to figure out how to get back to the regular view

1 - 16 of 16 Posts