Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the iphone for recording - whats a good app? Are there any free ones .

Cheers

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
..you need the blue mikey to get decent sound...while its plugged in you cant charge your phone....and then your battery is dead in 35 minutes......

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
I use the iPhone for recording regulary. Jam sessions, concerts. While the sound quality is not brilliant, it surprises me how a tiny microphone can allow for a decent result. So I use it as a sort of little musical notebook. The main thing is to record at a fair distance - the mike gets overloaded quite easily, and there is no such thing as a gain control. I use ITalk for recording.

On my soundclick site, the recording 'BIM jam - what is this thing' was made with the iPhone - I just put it down on the bar next to the stage (and next to the drummer in fact) and started the app.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
It doesn't sound any worse than all those live recordings of bird.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I'm looking for is an app to multitrack , for example .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have recorded with my iPhone in the past. Usually I will then transfer the audio out of my phone to mess with the recording. I will usually transfer stuff out to my beatmaker application from beatmaker.net . So far I have been really impressed with the software when handling iPhone audio. I honestly think if you record on an iPhone it is best to transfer the audio out for editing.

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
718 Posts
there is an app named FourTack..it allows to record 4 tracks , you make the recording in one, and then, hearing #1, you can record #2..etc..
my .002
Humbardi

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Didn't they release a version of Garage Band for the iphone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts