Sax on the Web Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,194 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for all of the feedback. We've had a good time with the new mouthpiece venture and excited that people are enjoying them. The new Lead alto piece is also out and we'll be getting more info on it out as well. We'll also have a new bari mouthpiece out in about a month.

A couple quick things responding to threads above:

1. Recently, we've dropped all restocking fees for any Saxquest branded mouthpiece. So there's no restocking fee. Trials will only cost you the price of shipping if you decide to return it. Also, our normal restocking fee is 10%. Its never been 15%. We always allow for trials on all new, used and vintage mouthpieces.

2. I agree that shipping to Europe is expensive. The least expensive option for shipping with a tracking number and delivery confirmation is USPS Priority Mail Express International. Unfortunately, too many international customers in the past claimed they did not receive their items when shipped by cheaper non-tracking methods. Whether they did or not, I'll never know but its too much of a loss to not ship without a tracking number. Sadly, USPS rates have skyrocketed over the past 5 years. I remember when it was only $35 to ship international with a tracking number. Here's a link to their rates for a small package from Saxquest to Germany (other European countries are similar). https://ircalc.usps.com/MailService...=6&p=2&o=0&dpb=0&mdt=2016/03/30 12:00&dvi=250

Cheers,
Mark Overton
saxquest.com
Regarding distribution in germany you could reach out to saxophon-service.de
They are the only shop in germany I know that has boutique mouthpieces in stock (10mfan and Pillinger for example). They also offer trials without restocking fees, so buying through them would be great for german customers.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts