Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are introducing the Morgan Gregory Mold XL Baritone Saxophone Mouthpiece. As you may know, the Morgan Company acquired an original M.C. Gregory / Gale Baritone Saxophone Mold and recently started producing these great baritone mouthpieces again. Most likely, the mouthpiece that Gerry Mulligan played much of his career was made from this mold. We have been producing these for about a couple months now.

Today I am announcing a variation of this piece…the XL which has a longer shank. Exact same mouthpiece, but with a longer shank. Erik Greiffenhagen is our head craftsman and he designed this XL variation to maintain better intonation on vintage Conn, King and Martin baritones. Erik plays one of the XL models on his Conn 12M with fantastic results. If you play on one of these vintage baritones and have never had any modifications done to your horn, then this is the piece to get. If you play on a Selmer Paris or any modern baritone, then we recommend the regular shank. For more information, go to:

https://www.morganmouthpieces.com/products/morgan-gregory-mold-baritone-saxophone-mouthpiece

View attachment 215378

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Dave, I read Randy Emerick's comments on the regular version and I am dying to get my hands on the extended shank (1941 King Zephyr and old 12M) but I'll have to save up first...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts