Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Affordable and Reliable Mouthpieces
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the last couple of years, I have been developing a small range of hand-finished hard rubber mouthpieces with the aim to offer them at an affordable price. So far, I have 3 models, one sop, one alto and one tenor, but the goal is to introduce a baritone piece in early 2022 as well as a metal tenor mouthpiece also around that time.

Today, I would like to introduce the ASC Scirocco soprano mouthpiece.

All my mouthpieces are named after regional winds from around the world and the Scirocco is a warm and powerful Mediterranean wind that comes from the Sahara .

The ASC Scirocco has a small chamber with a squeezed throat. It is inspired by the legendary Selmer Soloist mouthpiece of the 50s. It has a sweet, warm sound which is neither too bright nor too dark. The facing curve makes it easy to control from pianississimo (ppp) to fortississimo (fff).

I am really proud of this model. I have been a long time fan of the "Soloist" sound and for years the Selmer Super Session (which is essentially the modern version of the Soloist) has been my main piece. With the ASC Scirocco, I am confident to say that I have taken the Super Session to the next level with perfectly balanced side rails, an even tip rail, a properly calibrated baffle and a flat table.

Game controller Font Gadget Automotive design Audio equipment
Microphone Office supplies Writing implement Pen Writing instrument accessory
Office supplies Office equipment Font Bumper Automotive exterior
Office supplies Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design Rectangle
Font Auto part Electric blue Tints and shades Plastic
Automotive tire Wheel Rim Circle Cameras & optics

Here are some sound samples by Sébastien Trognon, a French pro player, on his ASC Scirocco 7:

Here is Carlo Barbaro, an Australian player, educator and D'Addario artist, giving his first impression on the ASC Scirocco 7:

The ASC Scirocco can be purchased HERE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.