Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work on intonation along with long tones. I've found that my intonation is much better after playing scales for a half hour. Thus, I don't start my practice with long tones/intonation. Anybody else do this?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,828 Posts
I work on intonation along with long tones. I've found that my intonation is much better after playing scales for a half hour. Thus, I don't start my practice with long tones/intonation. Anybody else do this?
I would say i varie it,time it takes to warm up there is not much between either way really, i tend to chop and change my routine to suit whatever i am working on at the time.
I play in a soul band so it may be that ile work on riffs first, if its jazz much more on melodys or patterns,but in all i dont follow any specific routine, i just believe in using good fundamental techniques and work around that really.

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
I mix it up like Jazz Cat depending on what i have on for the week. But long notes for me have a more positive effect on my sound and intonation than any other single exercise in isolation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts