Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2019
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in London last week and visited the Victoria and Albert Museum. I was walking through the history of photography gallery when I came upon this book in a glass case. The book is a record of the Great Exhibition of 1851 in London, and was hand printed and each photograph individually printed and hand-pasted into the book (of which 137 copies were made). The book coincidentally was open to the page showing the work of Adolphe Sax and mentioned the Council Medal award to him by the jurors for his invention of the "sax-horn and sax-trumpet."

Font Technology Darkness Display device Event
Font Paper Paper product Publication Document
Wood Font Art Metal Visual arts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
43,482 Posts
No what you see on the bottom shelf is a bass clarinet, in fact, probably a clarinet-bourdon (note the cylindrical section until the flare).

This is a similar contrabass clarinet by Orsi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Photo exhibits are a great way to witness history in its purest form. I have some pictures from my family back in the day and they feel so special every time I look at them. I was trying the other day to enable them in a few of my articles that I regularly write for my blog spot. I thought it would be interesting to make it more personal and show my family to all of my readers. After I scanned the picture I tried uploading them, but without a tool like https://imglarger.com it would not be possible. A great tool to have around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Photo exhibits are a great way to witness history in its purest form. I have some pictures from my family back in the day and they feel so special every time I look at them. I was trying the other day to enable them in a few of my articles that I regularly write for my blog spot. I thought it would be interesting to make it more personal and show my family to all of my readers. After I scanned the picture I tried uploading them, but without a tool like https://imglarger.com it would not be possible. A great tool to have around.
I thought these resizers destroy the picture, but this one works quite well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.