Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you find inspiration? Well, hearing great playing is always inspiring. For me, so are philosophical/metaphysical ideas, Nature, and Art. And people!

Hope you'll check out my new video
where I talk about the importance of going into the details of playing, looking for the gold that is deep within.

This is just the first of many videos I plan to make, covering different topics. I hope you find it inspiring!

Keep swingin'--

"Sweet" Sue Terry
www.sueterry.net

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Thanks Sue! I enjoyed that very much.

Rory

ps. If you're looking for topics, the one I'm most interested in has to do with tone production. More specifically, the problem I have is how to translate or transfer all the work I do on my tone in the practice room into a live stage setting. Sometimes it seems like there are two of me: the practice room guy who sounds great and the live guy...who brays like a rented mule!:)

·
SOTW Pragmatist
2,900 Posts
Nice video Sue. And thoughtful insights.

Music takes me to a wonderful and profound place that nurtures my mind, spirit and body. A transmundane and profound plane where exists a myriad of options, each one more alimentative then the next. I call this place Krogers.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,829 Posts
good stuff, yes a thoughful insight!...always food for thought",and to look and analize what one is already doing in his/her teaching, or playing performance.
I can reflect of this , thanks sue.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow Sue, you're a really neat person! Very passionate about your music. I have that same passion for my music. I like how you put it into words. And I like what you say about studying with different teachers, I do exactly that. And I do learn something from all of them!
Thanks,
Bobbi
P.S. Your little dog is adorable!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts