Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,008 Posts
Actually, that is exactly what the YouTube video shows: playing a bass sax standing up.

Not the one that I am responding to and quoted in post #7 above by KeithL ! That links to a YouTube video of the Grobbenhar baritone stand and shows it just being played in a seated position.

I have already commented on the OP's video of the bass sax stand in post #2.

Rhys

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not the one that I am responding to and quoted in post #7 above by KeithL ! That links to a YouTube video of the Grobbenhar baritone stand and shows it just being played in a seated position.

I have already commented on the OP's video of the bass sax stand in post #2.

Rhys
Gotcha, my bad. The only problem I could see would be how far the arm is extending up, though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,600 Posts
When I made a stand for my contrabass clarinet, I needed a good solid base. I bought one of these music stands. Take the measurement for the interior diameter of the top post. Head to your local hardware store's electrical department and find the metal conduit that will best fit inside of the top post. In the same area as the conduit you will find conduit benders. Bend the end of the piece of conduit how you want it. Buy the conduit but not the bender. Go home and finish the fabrication.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts