Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
i'm having this issue on my low B and Bb on my 1958 mark VI tenor only had this issue after an overhaul.. i've trying butting somehting in the bell a mouthpiece cap that made it worst ... another neck seemed better but a different sound that i don't want
checked that everything is sealing.. not sure what else to do
i think it has something to do with how far i am on the neck.. my mouthpiece is a gurdala superking and i have it pushed in maybe too far..

anything else to look for

·
Registered
144 Posts
my tech went through the whole horn with a leak light and found nothing he checked the g# and said it was sealing fine... i am going to check the neck cork cause the mouthpiece seem a bit loose on it.. going to try teflon tape and make sure there is a good seal..

my cork before was bigger and was tapered at the end ..

·
Registered
144 Posts
think its for sure the neck cork.. when i apply teflon tape and paper its seems to be fine.. is a tapered neck better to go with?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i'm going to take the horn back to him tommorow.. he is a very experienced tech strange that such a simple problem would be hard to solve for him.. the mouthpiece feels somewhat firm but can be pulled in or out easy.. so i'm not sure if it was just over looked..

I will post back once the cork has been beefed up and the mouthpiece is alot tighter

·
Registered
144 Posts
he also had me play the Bb while he held the side keys and the G to see if that was the issue.. and was still the same

·
Registered
144 Posts
got my tech to change the cork and was fine but took it home an played for an hour and i got the same issue again.. the mouthpiece is loose again

he said he put the standard size on 1/16

what size is recommended..

I'm playing on a superking LT gurdala

·
Registered
144 Posts
had the burble fixed with my tech.. by adjusting the neck somehow and tightening the neck tenon...

but after a month or so its back now.. any other things to check for this problem

starts on D now..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts