Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body jewelry Automotive tire Automotive lighting Jewellery Bracelet

Hello!

I (for some reason) collect old ligatures! Over the years I have obtained 4 of these eddie daniels ligatures. They feature two metal plates on the bottom, and several plastic "ribs" around the inside of the ligature. One of them for some reason has a different type of leather, shown below:

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Bicycle part Creative arts

There was a generation before this however.

From this thread I gather there was a model where the plastic "ribs" were actually rubber.

This would be so nice because the plastic ribs cause slipping!

Does anyone by any chance have any leads on where to obtain such an item? I know it's pretty obscure but I thought I'd try asking.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Good luck! I have one each of these as well for hr tenor, hr alti/clarinet and metal tenor/soprano. I’ve used the hr tenor recently on my current mpc and it works great. I’ve tried looking for these as well, it does appear they are quite rare. On cl, I do prefer a versa x current model and I have used the smaller size on Eb clarinet of all things. Mine all have the plastic ribs. I think it is what helps make them so freeblowing but still a good response.

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,680 Posts
I have 2 metal tenor sized ones, one I've have for at least 20 years and another came with a trade and looks newer. Only difference is the Rovner log. Neither of them have any ribs, just the material lapped over and no need for anything else to prevent slippage. In fact it takes longer to switch a reed out because even after the top screw is loosened it is very difficult getting the ligature to move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts