Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow blowers,

I have posted this in the horns wanted section, but I will do here as well - if I may. A friend is looking for a curved sop. So, if you have one, a Yani even better - please let me know.

PMs or email at [email protected] work for me.

Thank you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,947 Posts
Yellowhornblower said:
Fellow blowers,

I have posted this in the horns wanted section, but I will do here as well - if I may.
Please don't.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Good luck in your search,We have a Sc-991 but you would have to pry it out of our hands. We love it. Awesome awesome sax. And did I mention it cute too.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Sax Alley has a yani stencil a curved martin circa early 80's for 1200. Go to saxalley.com

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
super20dan,

Been thinking (in vain) about Sax Alley's curvy.
What do you know of it intonation & tone?

Thanx,

rabbit

·
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks SYCC and Dan about the Martin (Yani) on Saxalley. I have seen it, too.

Would you guys say that is an early Yani model, not the SC90X series?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I talked to Tim at Sax alley. He said the Martin sold this morning. I hope you bought it. He recommened the P. mauriet curved soprano. Tim is extremely nice!!!!I enquired bout the 75th anniversary keilwerth tenor but it sold.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,947 Posts
Y', the earlier Yani "Elimona" plays well too. They've been making quality curvies for a while. Check out the cover of Grover Washington Jr's "Reed Seed" - I recall that he had his curved sop on the cover of that album.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,960 Posts
i have a early curved yani and it puts every vintage curved i have ever played to shame. truly amazing horns.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Super20dan, how much for shipping to france? ...

·
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SYCC -

Your information is updated, and I cannot agree more with you on how nice Tim is.

I've got that curved Martin for my friend! Even though it is not mine, I am happy for him. And if he ever complains about it, I will borrow money if I have to to take it!

This is very likely because as a new player, his desire to play the sop may vanish in a few weeks - particularly if he encounter tonal problems. And I had a hard time explaining to him that it is a Yanigisawa horn made (or stencilled) for Martin.

So, que se ra se ra!

·
2,960 Posts
thats gratitude for you-if not for us americans -you would be speaking german

·
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ouch!!!

·
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Silvin -

Dan meant that, if the Americans did not join the Russians and British in WWII to fight the Germans, the French - and the whole of Europe for that matter - would be speaking German now, instead of French!

·
Registered
957 Posts
oh ok! You're right! Who knows what would the world today ....

·
2,960 Posts
i reccommend a book called "is paris burning?" hitler ordered the destruction of paris when its fall to the allies was certain. the real hero of this book is the german commander who defied hitlers orders to blow up paris and the french were so gratefull that the french resistance hid him until the war was over as hitler ordered his death

1 - 20 of 26 Posts