Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a company that can make some pads with thicker felt than B53s
which is the standard ferees pad which total thickness is 185.
Most pads are thinner ..
I know you can make up the thickness in many ways but that is not my point.

i just need a company who will either sell me some felt or make them for me with thicker felt than the standard pad.

I have asked prestini but they either cant be bothered or they don't have the felt,they are pushing there standard pads.

If anyone knows of a company who may be able to do custom jobs
please advise.

I am doing some custom work that's all .
Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
4,983 Posts
Music Center can definitely make any thickness but for a single person in small quantities can be an issue, might take a very long time (months or more) until you have them. They usually deal with instrument factories, repair suppliers, etc.
Try/Google Ed Myers USA. I'm not SURE they can do it, but worth a try I think.
Also ask Music Medic if they can make you the ones you need especially.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks ,I will look them up ,hopefully Ed Meyers may be able to as i am in the US ,i asked music medic before and they cannot do it .most makers don't seem to have any thicker stuff.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
I can get you 4.2 mm felt. What's the nature of the custom job that prevents you from usnig extra cardboard in the backing to make up for the space you need?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get you 4.2 mm felt. What's the nature of the custom job that prevents you from usnig extra cardboard in the backing to make up for the space you need?

Hi Juan, i am doing some restorations ,some of the horns original pads have the thicker felt i believe right around 4.2 in felt ,yes pads could be built up but my client wants me to copy exactly ,some care about that kind of thing and others don't .I would be very interested in your felt ,i believe it is woven felt i need and 4.2 should be the right size..please let me know you can pm me also.

I would like it if i could buy the pads made but if i cant i will cut the felt myself but will take much longer that way
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts