Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago a common acquaintance informed me that Edward was no longer with us, she had also found out by chance and she thought I too should know.
I spoke several times on the phone to him because he had bought a mouthpiece from me and it took a while for him to decide and then , afterwards he had been thanking me several times. We had long conversations but , in fact, I didn't know he was a member here until today I found an old post of his.

We never really met and yet he struck me, even just on the phone, as a sweet and gentle person. I didn't know that his health and spirit were in such a bad shape.

So I'd like to remember him here, because he was one of us and because, although I've never met him I have spoken to him several times and somehow I think I owe this to him. He was not a great player nor did he pretend to be be one but he did publish a very nice piece of very compelling music on you tube and I think this would be a fitting tribute to him as a person and a saxophone player.

Playing saxophone, I understand, was one of the few things which gave him pleasure in life.

Rest in peace.:(

Registered
Re: In memory or our member Edward Wolf

Rest in Peace... hope you've reached a place where every reed is perfect.

Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
milandro, I always knew you had a heart as big as the universe.
What a wonderful tribute to one of our members.
And yes, now every day is a 'good reed day'. :)

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure I deserve that kind of praise Bandmommy ..............but I am sure that Edward would have liked to feel some of the SOTW warmth from people like you...... I hope that he feels it now from where he is

Registered
R.I.P. Video is quite touching

Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
You know, i thought that was a very pretty piece of music, and a beautiful tribute.

Thank you for posting that, Andre.

Distinguished SOTW Member
i never came across edward!..but its nice to know that no one is forgotten on this forum!..so thanks for sharing this milandro,it feels special to remember members..and this is a nice tribute!

Registered
You know, i thought that was a very pretty piece of music, and a beautiful tribute.

Thank you for posting that, Andre.
I think so as well.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
Now that is a piece of music that speaks. A powerful statement. He may not have been a great player but every note seems articulated the way it was meant to be. Thank you Milandro and Edward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts