Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends

With great sadness, we announce the passing of Oleg last week.

For more than 40 years, Oleg helped musicians worldwide achieve their best sound. His innovative products such as the Olegature, sax enhancers, ergonomic straps, sax necks, mouthpieces and sax stands and professional saxophones were used worldwide by many of the legendary jazz greats.

Oleg was a generous and kind man with a great sense of humor and always ready to help musicians meet their potential.

He will be truly missed.

We thank everyone for their enthusiasm and support over the years
Forehead Eyebrow Dress shirt Smile Collar

Oleg Garbuzov​

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,946 Posts
He was a great man and added ALOT to the saxophone community!!!
He made so many excellent products and I’m very sad to hear this. He was always very kind and supportive to me, and I’ve always been very appreciative of that.
I’ve used many of his products over the decades, and ALL of them are excellent.
He will truly be missed!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had not heard of him but have many of his products. I’ve got his ‘skyscraper’ palm key risers, the side key risers, and the low C extension all on my alto. They look great, are high quality, and help me get around the horn a lot easier. You are right Alan, he was a man that made a difference for the better.

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,637 Posts
Very sad. Another innovator of saxophone products gone.

Reactions: 10mfan

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I didn't know the man, but I loved his palm key extenders. The kicker for me is:

Production, sales and shipping of Oleg products has been suspended.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
ALTO: Medusa- 82zii, TENOR: Medusa, BARI: b901, SOP: sc991
7,823 Posts
Oh man. Very sad news. I've known Oleg since his first shop. He never stopped trying to improve all the woodwind instruments and was one of the first to make modern neck designs for the Mark VI. He loved music and theater. He also had a booth every year at the NAMM show. He made everything including a fold-up sax stand, an air filled case and mouthpieces.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Without death we cannot have life - the two cannot be seperated. Death is only difficult for those who remain. Oleg's departure is only sad if it was premature or not a good passing. Regardless, my thoughts are with his family and friends - they are ones who are now sufferening - but - within their hearts and their memories he shall live on...

He gave us a great deal - he will be remembered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Friends

With great sadness, we announce the passing of Oleg last week.

For more than 40 years, Oleg helped musicians worldwide achieve their best sound. His innovative products such as the Olegature, sax enhancers, ergonomic straps, sax necks, mouthpieces and sax stands and professional saxophones were used worldwide by many of the legendary jazz greats.

Oleg was a generous and kind man with a great sense of humor and always ready to help musicians meet their potential.

He will be truly missed.

We thank everyone for their enthusiasm and support over the years
View attachment 118376

Oleg Garbuzov​
Alan, this is Sasha
I am so, so sorry ...
I saw Oleg in December, he was full of plans and activities as always with his usual wit and sharpness...
I am still in shock and disbilief.
Wow.
He was an unbilievable humanbeing: multi talanted and totally unique, the Master - whatever he applied himself to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts