Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a new AMT wireless mic and a Shure 200 in ear monitor system. I've have not been able to use the monitor on a single gig yet. As an example, this past Saturday, I did a sound check with the sound guy and everything worked perfectly. Once the gig started, the monitors are clipping in and out and the sound guy said I was clipping in and out on the PA speakers. Between sets, I ripped everything apart and just ran the AMT recevier to the PA and it worked fine. What could my issue be? Is the dial on the front of my AMT receiver like a gain switch and maybe I have it to high so that the mic is picking up all the noise from the whole band?

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, nobody else wireless. I'm thinking that since the problem only arises after gigs start, my mic must be picking up the band and causing the Shure to clip. I'm guessing turning down the volume on the AMT receiver might solve this?

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any tips? My recent experiences have rendered my new in-ear system useless until I can figure this out.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
...well if the sound problem is your soundman...you will be forever at his mercy with inear.... i just played the megadome in munich with inears...drove me nuts.......but i had no choice...those bayern munchen soccer fans are LOUD!!!

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Not familiar with the AMT unit. My Audio Technica wireless has a gain control on both the transmitter and receiver, so you could try adjusting them to test your theory it was picking up the rest of the band. (also be careful of smart phones like Blackberry, they can interfere with wireless, but they usually make an awful noise when doing so)

Is the Shure wireless as well or wired? if wireless check to see if those frequencies are competing with the AMT.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I use an AMT. I would turn the gain down on the receiver. I belive the manual says to turn the gain on the receiver to the max and adjust from the board. I find i feed back if i get too close to the floor monitors. Could you be feeding back from being in too close proximity to a floor monitor?

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be but I don't know. I thought I read in the manual that the gain on the receiver was set at the factory and that end users shouldn't touch it. I played a gig a couple weeks ago and my guitar player was getting horrible feedback. I came to find out that somehow my receiver dial got turned all the way up. So, if I turn up the gain the transmitter and adjust using the receiver, I should have better control of how much is picked up and thus avoid clipping and distortion in my in-ears.

On a side not, one of my antennas for my AMT recevier seems to be coming apart already. How's their support? I emailed them and got no response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts