Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are near Birmingham, AL and looking for a repairman, go to collinshornworks.com. Steve Collins was a repairman for years at a big store, only to become tired of kids "renting" or buying mediocre horns..."just good enough" to play. The corporate suits would not allow him to spend the time needed on the horns to make them right, so that they would play to their potential. The result is that kids struggle with making the horn sound good. So Steve left and set up a shop in his house. I found out about Steve by asking pro players in town where I can take my horn for repair. He has made my old horn sound and play great. We bought a horn from my daughter, paid around $1,1100 for a used intermediate horn. The store had their guy check it out before it left the shop. It sounded very good, and my daughter loved it and played it well. After about a month we took it to Steve just to see if there was any tweaking he could do. We left there with an intermediate horn that played like a pro horn. My daughter could not believe the difference. He is a player himself, so he performs a true "player's" test before he lets them go. He has also done emergency repairs for me. He is meticulous. His work is great. No, I am not affiliated with him in any way, other than being a customer. He will probably never know I posted this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts