Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hello Brian...I enjoyed them both. Personally, I liked your ideas better in the 1/30 but that's not important. I know you were just playing
out of the enjoyment of the moment.
Nice tone and it was a pleasure to listen to!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Damn, Brian! You are such a talented fellow, thanks for sharing. You should post these more often so your fans out west can see what type of monster on the sax you've become. I hope things are going well for you, take care my friend.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I was very impressed. Very nice, and you're clearly a talented player. Tell me, have you accidentally put the bow through the wall yet? ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Hello friends,
I put up a couple solo improv pieces on baritone sax the other day. Songs about life situations...
Thanks for listening and I hope you dig it.
B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ISgP6tRcaI&feature=related

I just want to bring MORE attention to this player....there are a few people on BARITONE SAX that sound fantastic-
THIS GUY IS ONE.

FIRST OFF- BRIANS SOUND IS PERSONAL... What I always enjoyed about Brian is that he plays with an unhurried sense of peace and satisfaction rarely found in his other bari players music. His use of space and simple, repetitive melodies and the the duality of the composition within improv' suggests both the ROOTS and modern aspects of jazz saxophone / then to now.

Personally I consider any of his work to be worth checking out. These tracks are a starting point to explore this important creative artist during a VERY creative peak. To bad attention via the media and a larger audience is not in front of him at THISA point. HE IS A MAJOR PLAYER...and knows the music.

This music is a powerful statement.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Casey, Jim, Tim, and all others that have listened. Tim, thanks buddy, you've always been a good friend. We gotta hang more man!
Casey, we gotta hook up when Im in Reno for the jazz festival.
Thank you friends,
B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts