Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Insert cutesy caption du jour here
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a soprano sax made by Imperial Creations International. I can not find any serial numbers on this horn. I bought it in a pawn shop 25 years ago. I know nothing about this horn, and can not find any info on the internet. Has anyone ever heard of these horns? Thanx in advance....

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Tommy,

Posting photos will likely give you more chances of an accurate identification. As Searjeantsax said, it is very likely a stencil horn.

Best of luck.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Isn't it more likely an early Chinese/Taiwanese copy rather than a stencil?

It is a stencil when the generic horn is offered by a manufacturer to retailers who may have their chosen brand name applied to the horn to offer as their own make/model. That is the context I am using the term.

It is likely also a copy, either directly or of sorts, if made in Asia as it appears to be.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,386 Posts
It is a stencil when the generic horn is offered by a manufacturer to retailers who may have their chosen brand name applied to the horn to offer as their own make/model. That is the context I am using the term.

It is likely also a copy, either directly or of sorts, if made in Asia as it appears to be.
Indeed so. When I think of a stencil I don't really consider a generic maker that doesn't also produce instruments under its own name, but you are of course 100% right.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
The term "stencil" has morphed a bit with modern practices. I can't recall a maker in the first half of the 20th century that manufactured instruments without a brand name line of their own, but it is common practice in Asia today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts