Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a tonalin mouthpiece for my tenor and don't necesarily know what ligature most of you use for this piece?

Any recommendations?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
We welcome new forum members around here before we kill them...seriously? hah gotcha!! any decent two screw ligature will do on a Tonalin Brilhart unless you have the streamline thinner body piece. let's see i would use a Selmer Paris gold plate two screw lig, a Francious Louis Ultimate lig, you could get away with a Rovner light or Evo model and see. those i mentioned are for a hard rubber piece in size large but in case you do have a streamline then you would need an alto type hard rubber ligature.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The plain Selmer style 2 screw ligatures work fine. Any ligature will work fine. I have tried a bunch.
I see original Brilhart 2 screw inversed ligatures come by on Ebay regurlarly. The plain brass ones. Not
the crazy over the top collector prized ones. I use a few of these on Ebolins and they work great!
From experience I can tell the original Brilhart ligs sound a little darker then the Selmer ligs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just got a Tonalin myself and any normal size (like for Selmer HR mpcs) lig would work. I've a Brancher myself, but am a big fan of Rovner products since their so easy to handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts