Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm launching a new websiite, dedicated to teaching and promoting jazz and other live/creative music.

The idea is to create sort of an "MTV" for Jazz, but online, completely FREE and with a real educational component
at it's core.

The Zero2Jazz mission is straight forward: Inspire and inform those who love jazz music or other creative music and help aspiring musicians of all levels to play and enjoy more of it.

In adition to a practical workshop series (which is designed to help players of all levels overcome the major hurdles to playing jazz) There will always be fresh: interviews, workshops, masterclasses, and news on upcoming albums, artists and events on Zero2Jazz.

We go live today. The site is: www.Zero2jazz.com and there's allready about a day's worth of video on there :).

Also (For those in the Amsterdam area) we are organising a monthly "Zero2Jazz" session at Jazzclub "the Badcuyp" in Amsterdam. Every first teusday of the month :).
The idea is to provide a musical playground for all levels, but to be especially open for those who want to try there skills in the open stage situation for the first
time and get into the session culture.

I hope you enjoy Zero2Jazz! Please support and share the site with anyone you know who might enjoiy it :).

All the best,

JD

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,916 Posts
Outstanding. Bookmarked and I will be checking this out and referring people to it.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great site! I just checked out the first Lick video, Great conversation!
Thanks :). That's great to hear! I have 5 more interviews planned in the next few weeks so there is more comin :) (My goal is to do at least 200 epiodes of "The Lick") I hope
it will become a realy intresting body of work to just learn a ton from :).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lots of new content again! We now also have a monthly session at JazzClub de BadCuyp in Amsterdam (more info and pictures on the site).

Check it out and please share th site with your friends and on places like Facebook and stuff :) It all helps to enable us to make more and better content.

All the best,

JD

www.zero2jazz.com

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just yesterday we did a new interview, this time with Christian Scot :) Just one hour before he recieved the Edison Jazz international award :).

The full interview will be on the site soon, but you can check out this preview and we have a contest on the site now where you can win
a signed album by Christian :)

·
Registered
609 Posts

Just yesterday we did a new interview, this time with Christian Scot :) Just one hour before he recieved the Edison Jazz international award :).

The full interview will be on the site soon, but you can check out this preview and we have a contest on the site now where you can win
a signed album by Christian :)

Wonderful job, thank you to both you and your team on a fantastic site....Slick...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just curious do the links on that site work for most of you?

The site won't display at all on Windows IE 8 which is as advanced as you can use on an XP computer. It comes up on Google Chrome but Links don't work well and in some cases they don't work at all. Wanted to view the 45 minute workshop and nothing ever presented as a working link to get it to run.

Some of it looks very creative, but on the tech side there are serious compatability issues to get cleared up...:scratch:

:glasses7:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just curious do the links on that site work for most of you?

The site won't display at all on Windows IE 8 which is as advanced as you can use on an XP computer. It comes up on Google Chrome but Links don't work well and in some cases they don't work at all. Wanted to view the 45 minute workshop and nothing ever presented as a working link to get it to run.

Some of it looks very creative, but on the tech side there are serious compatability issues to get cleared up...:scratch:
:glasses7:
Hi Strayhorn,

Do youtube movies usually work onvyour maschine? Because the site is based on this technology.
Would love to hear from you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts