Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Undistinguished SOTW Member
723 Posts
Yes, very nice tone and good control indeed! The motif in the front part of the tune sounded very much like parts of 'Brazil' - was that intentional?

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks David for the compliment. I generally record my trio's practices. This was something that the guitarist cooked up and sprung on us, so it's a first time one take wonder. I was using a new (to me) mouthpiece with an extremely high baffle that I was playing for the first time. I was also happy with the tone, but will need to give it more attention as the baffle can make it jumpy with lots of edge coming out. I had no idea that it was possible to play softly or that mellow with a high baffle, so think I've found "my sound".

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Nice

Wade, I couldn't tell where the limb was. To me it sounded well in control. And - too much dissonance is not enough

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like Brazil? Really? Maybe I had some coffee from Brazil but other than that I can't relate. Thanks zorrsog for the compliment. Control was a matter of not necessarily knowing what was coming but playing with confidence like everything was planned. Just got lucky that (within a dissonant sort of way) it sounded like it came together.

·
Registered
530 Posts
very nice, Wade, I really enjoy your group interplay. I haven't heard you on tenor before- sounds very good. I think zorrsog is referring to the tune Brazil, which it almost sounds like you are quoting at one point. thanks for posting

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny, I know the tune Brazil, but can't relate to any of it sounding like it. Twilight Zone I can relate to, but from a mental perspective! Many thanks for the comments.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
It's interesting. It does have that lost feeling you get in The Twilight Zone as if something is wrong but you can't quite figure out what it is; meanwhile, nobody else seems to notice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts