Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm excited to announce I'll be coming to the Brisbane, Australia area July 24-31 to perform and teach! I'll be performing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday July 25, 26, and 27. I'll post more details about the performances as I get them.

On Saturday July 27th I'll be at the Somerset College Festival for Young Performers teaching masterclasses/clinics/lessons.
On Tuesday July 30th I'll be at both Marymount College and the Brisbane Conservatorium teaching masterclasses/clinics, lessons, and running rehearsals.

I will also be available to teach private lessons during the afternoon on Friday, July 26th in Miami, QLD. I only have a few spots left so please contact me if you'd like to set one up!

I'll be bringing a bunch of my Make Jazz Fun Again hats with me as well, so if you're in the area and want one let me know!

I'm really excited to go back and really looking forward to all of the performances and teaching opportunities. If you're in that area stop by one of the days and say hi!

·
Premium Member
15,496 Posts
Have a fantastic trip and be sure to put up some videos while you are away.
Are there a lot of Kenny G fans in Australia?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,387 Posts
Dave I'm happy for you. I'm sure you'll make it out to California one day. If you give me free lessons you can stay at my house in wine country? K

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a fantastic trip and be sure to put up some videos while you are away.
Are there a lot of Kenny G fans in Australia?
Thanks bro! I’m definitely going to film a lot. I’m sure there are KG fans there!

Dave I'm happy for you. I'm sure you'll make it out to California one day. If you give me free lessons you can stay at my house in wine country? K
Oh man I might have to take you up on that!

You lucky dog! [I'd seriously considered emigrating there a few years ago.]
Thanks! It’s really a great place.

·
7,906 Posts
Make sure you make some time to relax a little and take in some sun.
I just got back from a weeks R&R in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast.
Temps there were around 21c.
Highly recommend it.
Back in Melbourne now where it’s 10 degrees.
Not so highly recommended, but it’s still the best city in Australia IMO.

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you make some time to relax a little and take in some sun.
I just got back from a weeks R&R in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast.
Temps there were around 21c.
Highly recommend it.
Back in Melbourne now where it’s 10 degrees.
Not so highly recommended, but it’s still the best city in Australia IMO.
I will! I have a few days off so I'll have a chance to really hang. My buddy is already planning things for those days!

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
Will miss you by a week, have a look at the Doo-Bop jazz bar in the city

·
4,344 Posts

·
4,344 Posts
Congratulations and have a safe trip! I might go to Australia by next year but still on the process of planning and needing to know what to expect when I arrive there. That's why this https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/australia/ site gave me a little idea what needs to be prepared. :)
What a bogus site, they didnt cover sharks, 8ft Killer Roos, Tasmanian devils, Box Jellyfish, Irikunji Jellyfish, or drop bears. On a good day, you will get attacked by all of them before lunch. ;-)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts