Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of you know Midi is an excellent way to learn new songs, rehearse, and even compose. There's a lot, and I do mean lot of free Midi files out there on the Net but if you start looking for Smooth Jazz the numbers diminish very quickly. and if you look for something that is a current hit on Smooth Jazz stations you're pretty much out of luck.

I'm a member of this forum for lots of reasons. To learn and to contribute to the growth of other players. I also own a successful online backing tracks company. www.Smoothjazzbackingtracks.com Some of you have already gotten some backing tracks from me and some have had me do some custom midi sequencing. Thank you so much!

If there is a song or songs you're just itchin to play in the Smooth Jazz genre I invite you over to see if I already have it and if not, you can put in a price quote request to see what it would cost to have it custom made for you. You can have it in either Standard Midi format or in Pro Audio Backing Track format or both. If you mention you are from this forum I'll give you a 15% discount on the price, ok? Unfortunately I do not sell sheet music to the songs.

If you love Warren Hill's music you will be thrilled at what you find there.

Smooth Jazz Guy

·
Registered
783 Posts
Nice, I think I can use a lot of the tracks on there... I'm a fan of Warren Hill (he's from Colorado as well...) How about some Candy Dulfer, David Sanborn, Dave Koz???

Regards,
Kenny.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got one Dave Coz so far "You Make Me Smile"

I didn't know Warren Hill was from Colorado. I used to live there some time ago. What part?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm in the Denver/Golden area right now... Recently, Colorado have some really great artists such as Gerald Albright, Warren Hill, Nelson Rangell, Paul Taylor.

Kenny.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those guys are great! They're fun to watch and listen to and they are fun to transcribe into Midi and backing tracks. The Warren Hill collection of 54 backing tracks was very challenging but overall very satisfying. I'm running a special on the collection right now til Christmas. Only $75. Not bad, eh?

Warren covers quite a few other songs as well as records his own. Songs like "Low Rider", "Hey Jude", "Desperado", and others. I think he's a great artist to emulate because his sax technique is highly inspired by his original instrument, which was the guitar.

So for anyone whose interested just go to the site. You can listen to sample clips and all MP3's are instant download. Individual Warren Hill tracks are $5.99.

SmoothJazzGuy

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you charge to make a midi? I find midis on the web and use MidiIllustrator to arrange them and transpose them, and use the finished product as a backing track for solo recorder playing. There are several songs I would like to play, but can't find a midi for them. If you could make some simple midis for me, I would be thrilled.

Thanks,
~A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts