Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you need very good analytical and comfortable headphones, I can recommend Sennheiser HD-595. Not cheap but worth the price asked.
I needed good phones as I'm listening music late at night and needed phones that hide nothing. These are the best I've ever had. Just now I'm listening to Miles' Trane's Blues, sounds really believeable, I mean like live.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,210 Posts
Ever checked out Sennheiser HD 25?
They are not a lot more expensive.
I haven't tried the HD-595, but every time I had the HD-25 on I just thought "Look no further."
Apart from sounding great (!) and being robust and not too big, they are being used a lot by radio, tv, even military and a great advantage is that you can easily re-order every single piece they consist of. Everyone knows how single parts of a pair of headphones break and you have to buy a whole new set. With a pair for ~200€ you wouldn't want that.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not checked out HD-25 as they are closed headphones and I wanted at least a semi open model. I know that a product like Sennheiser HD-25 that is designed for professional use is more rugged and more easily serviced than a mere "H-Fi" one. Still, it's just for "Hi-Fi"-listening I needed these 595s and I'm very happy with them. For more robust use I have cheaper Sennheisers and and a pair of AKG K-240s.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650s that excel with just about any type of music. I do run them through an external amp/DAC combo since they can be a little difficult to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts