Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are in NYC and wanting to see some jazz, for the past year or two there is an amazing resource brought to you by Ethan Iverson formerly the piano player in The Bad Plus - it's called Do The Gig

https://ethaniverson.com/do-the-gig/

Now that the Village Voice is defunct, and NY Jazz Record is sometimes inconvenient to find (and I hate the related website)...Do The Gig is terrific. I'm free tomorrow night and there's a bunch of cool gigs happening but I've picked JD Allen and his trio at Zinc Bar. I've enjoyed some of his recordings but I've never seen JD Allen live - so now's my chance. I already went to see a fair amount of jazz, but this website has me going out even more. Anyhoo, just wanted to share and I wasn't sure how much the jazz fans on SOTW knew about it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you are in NYC and wanting to see some jazz, for the past year or two there is an amazing resource brought to you by Ethan Iverson formerly the piano player in The Bad Plus - it's called Do The Gig

https://ethaniverson.com/do-the-gig/

Now that the Village Voice is defunct, and NY Jazz Record is sometimes inconvenient to find (and I hate the related website)...Do The Gig is terrific. I'm free tomorrow night and there's a bunch of cool gigs happening but I've picked JD Allen and his trio at Zinc Bar. I've enjoyed some of his recordings but I've never seen JD Allen live - so now's my chance. I already went to see a fair amount of jazz, but this website has me going out even more. Anyhoo, just wanted to share and I wasn't sure how much the jazz fans on SOTW knew about it.
Thank you for posting...it's a great resource and I don't think I've seen it posted here before. Zinc is doing a whole Boss Tenors series - the JD Allen shown is part of that. I saw Garzone and Bergonzi together a couple weeks ago there

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
This would have been incredibly useful the last time I was there. I spent hours browsing all of the clubs and artists’ websites that I knew trying to find some live music.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts