Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
My bass player and drummer went to the NAMM show in Nashville. When my bass player gets back from Hawaii, I'll let you know what he found out about in ears. We're thinking of outfitting our entire band with them. That would mean no more schleping monitors around. I believe that the expert at the show said that once you have great sounding in ears, you won't even want to go back to regular monitors. I'll let you know what brand he recommended when I find out.
Joe

·
Registered
79 Posts
My drummer said that after all was said and done we'll be leaning toward a Shure like system with custom molded earbuds. One thing to consuder though is this. If from time to time you have subs in the band you will want to provide them with the cheaper foam earbuds as I'm sure they wouldn't want to use someone elses. The biggest thing about earbuds is that you want them to shut out ALL outside noise, that's why the custom molded ones are best as well as for comfort. You may want to call Shure and see if they can send you some literature on them. I'm looking forward to the day when we don't have to set up our seven monitors and rack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts