Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m trying to identify this Kenosha Vito Alto Saxophone. The seller just calls it’s a vintage Kenosha Vito Alto Saxophone. The problem is I have yet to find pictures or info of a Kenosha Vito with a split guard on the left side of the bell like this. I love vito saxophones and would love to expand my collection but I’d like to at least somewhat get an idea of what this guy is. Thank you attached are all the pictures below. I don’t have the serial number.
Liquid Purple Automotive lighting Fluid Drinkware

Musical instrument Purple Brass instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument

Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper Bird Art

Drinkware Purple Brass instrument Barware Wind instrument

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Purple Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Trunk Musical instrument

Sleeve Wood Grey Rectangle Cloud

Liquid Drinkware Purple Fluid Barware

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Trunk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
19,650 Posts
Probably an accurate enough descriptor. It looks to be an older one. Seems to be a model 37 but outfitted with two keyguards instead of one. As you probably know, Vito/Noblet/Beaugnier tended to mix and match details, thus horns will appear with different details on them (keyguards, neck brace, bell brace, etc) obfuscating the reality that they are the same models. I'd say this one was French parts assembled in USA.

This is a nicer one, with the nicer pinky table before the tables became clunkier later on in USA production. Nevertheless, very little market value even in play shape. $350 maybe in play shape. $150-175 in project shape.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet thank you very much! I appreciate all your knowledge! They say it’s in good shape, that it just got serviced and is ready to play so we’ll see. The pictures look decent enough too support that but you never really know till it arrives. I got them down to 230 for the sax and 290 with shipping and taxes.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Good price and likely a good horn. I own two altos from Beaugnier, one very much like this. @JayeLID is right about the bell key guards, they are one piece on my model 37, which otherwise looks identical to your horn. They play very very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts