Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin, all. I am gonna have to do this without pics. Sorry ; I am just curious as to a " King " tenor 8 i have. I really like it...again, the scoop is not there, otherwise its dimensions are great. So....side veiw...a little like a " Levelaire ". Long shank..( metal mpc )..." King "..and crown at tip of shank. The lig. may give the answer. Seems pretty advanced. I assume this mpc. is 1980's. Link type " wheel, pressure plate "..but much slimmer and deeper. Wheel small. Metal lig. tapers out from wheel, and over. Five holes cut out of lig...inreasing in size to max at top, and back. Apologies...a pic.would have been so easy. No big thing. I just kinda like to know.....have a great day...a

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,875 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Limpan...thanks man; i think i have seen that site before. " King " page...not done yet? Milandro says he had the bari version. He cannot remember the model name...a

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that IS a coincidence. I was typing...Hey Milandro...all good. Yeah...a " Wolfe Tayne " stencil would figure. Have a great day guys...Ciao...a

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,875 Posts
yes, I couldn't remember the name and than I did :) I am getting on a bit, I guess!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,435 Posts
The 'crown' was the symbol of the King musical instrument co. and probably was contracted to Babbitt for production since they owned the 'Wolf Tayne' rights by then. Maybe it was offered as an accessory. Probably a decent mpce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts