Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a really old, surprisingly playable, C. G. Conn silver "American Professional" alto saxophone #13495. It has a split bell and a G# trill key. I cannot find anything online about the existence of this saxophone and I was hoping there would be someone to help me out. Thanks!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,121 Posts
Are you sure it is a Conn? Post or e-mail me a photo and I can tell for sure.
baileyflutes AT hotmail DOT com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry this took so long, it does not say high pitched anywhere. The only other marks are an "A" and "L" above and bellow the serial number

here are some pictures

Attachments

·
21,121 Posts
It is possibly a Lyon and Healy Courturier made horn. I can't see enough of the tone holes but they look like soldered thick ones. American Professional was a name L&H used and they used the three pointed "mercedes" type low C cage. L means it is low pitch. The fork F# also does not look to be Conn. Whatever it is, it would be from the 1920s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thank you! Do you know what a saxophone like that would be worth?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree with Bruce, I am going out on a limb but I am not sure Conn made this horn.

I see Buescher (tube, lyre holder and bell bow) Conn, (key-guards and name of course) and Martin (Beveled tone-holes)

Interesting...

·
21,121 Posts
I compared the photos to a L&H I owned. Your horn is a Courturier. As to value, I would put it in the $100 (needing pads) to $450 (excellent) range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts