Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have my case custom made. I will take my sax and my design this Sunday so the lady at the shop can make it for me. I am basing my design on the Selmer Light case. Please post more features that you think are very handy to have for the ideal case. I want this case to be ideal.
Here are my important features.

-Waterproof outside
-good looking
-protective and hard
-light
-double handle
-big space for extras
-external pocket for music
-backpack straps

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
Did this case ever get completed?

PICS?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Backpack straps for a curved soprano case?? Did you want a "Hello Kitty!" logo on it too?

·
6,831 Posts
...cue "Jeapardy" theme music....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. Here it is. The only real problem with this case is that the little zipper handle things break off. That's it though. It's really excellent and it was quite cheap.

·
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NICE!!! Any idea what it would cost for a straight case soprano? How protective is it?
It's quite soft but the foam is very dense and holds the sax very securely. I had it made in Peru. It was pretty cheap. I think it was 150 Soles. Not too bad.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
189 Posts
If you could post a link or information for the shop that would be great. I have a true tone curved sop with a fixed neck. I think custom is the only way I will get a good case for it.

·
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a small shop in Lima, Peru with no website. I am very sure of this. If you ever to visit lima though, make sure you go to Avenida Dos de Mayo. It's an incredible area where there are vintage instruments every other shops and very interesting deals.

CAUTION!!!!!!! BE CAREFUL AND BE SAFE. TAKE YOUR TAXI DRIVER WITH YOU. HE CAN WARN YOU AND KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH ANY UNDESIRABLES. IT'S NOT THE SAFEST PLACE IN LIMA. The rest of Lima is great and not too dangerous. Just keep your wits about you, leave your nice watch at home and don't carry too much money. ;)

·
6,831 Posts
I think I'll just add some padding and a bell strap to the case of my curvy Conn stencil.

·
6,831 Posts
I think custom is the only way I will get a good case for it.
DEG makes a nice, simple and sturdy case that will fit fixed neck curved sopranos. Not too expensive either.
Do you have a link to that? I don't need one, but someone else may. When I looked at Degs site, it was useless!

·
Seeker Of A Clever Title.
3,752 Posts
I've said this a couple times on the site before; Mark Aronson makes custom cases just for the Buescher curved sopranos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts