Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep it short will bullet points:

In 2006, The Queen of Egypt gave me a new Selmer SA 80II .
It carries priceless sentimental value, so it will never be sold.
I've acclimated to a neck the curves up (between the pip and mp cork), so the Selmer has always sat in the closet.
At times, I would love to be able to use the Selmer.
I've Googled this 125 different ways, but I've been unsuccessful retrieving information.
I would love to obtain a neck that is "curved up" and fits this Selmer. That is the only criteria.

Thank You Ladies and Gents.
Mundi

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
Contact Karsten Gloger and tell him what curve you prefer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,960 Posts
You could have the/ a neck worked to fit the angle you like.
Contact Karsten Gloger and tell him what curve you prefer.
Both good bits of advice, the first likely being significantly cheaper than the second.

Curt Altarac an MusicMedic has the ability to alter neck swoops; I am gonna guess his mod to your existing neck would be cheaper than having Gloger make a custom one...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,228 Posts
What brand neck are you playing on that works for you? The Serie II tenor will be alot more balanced if you use a Saxholder instead of a regular neck strap. Your head and neck position as well as your overall body response will feel better. The horn is free to drop to a lower position and the swoop in the Serie II neck wiil work with you. The shoulders remain square with a Saxholder on a Serie II tenor. With a regular neckstrap the right shoulder is pulled back and the Serie II is in your face with an awkward center of balance. If you can locate one, adding a Codera to a Serie II ring you hang the horn from will further give you the ability to fine tune the center of balance that works best for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts