Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in my present church about four years coming back to Christ after a long backslide. I have played with a small pit orchestra at Christmas two years ago, but since then we havent done that any more. There have been some changes in the music ministry leadership. Any way, there is already a tenor sax that plays with the praise band . Of course all the guitars and keyboards alternate. different people at different times. occassionly there is a trumpet and a violin that play. Here is my dilema. I have asked the leader if I could play, ever now and then, . I have given him tapes I have made and he says they are good. I play mostly by reading music, but took lessons to learn to improv. I can do it. Any way I cant seem to get to play.
I am getting disgusted and about ready to look for somewhere else to go so maybe I can play.what else can I do? I have a tenor, alto and bari. I have asked to play on special occassions. I would like to at least do communion meditations music sometimes. Is it just not what God wants??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Help

I don't think the lack of interest you're getting is unusual. Integrate yourself into the existing praise band or sit in on some practice sessons and you might be surprised how little time it takes to be one of the gang. If you're willing to play alto and the trumpet is occasional you've got a spot to fill in on. The baritone can cover some bass guitar. Show them how you can fit in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't ever take what the choir director or church band leader does or does'nt do with the band as God's will in my musical praise life,I agree with scsax, find out about rehearsals,tell them how much you want to play,show up with your horn and be ready to praise!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Definitely agree with the two posts above. If it turns out that they really don't want you around, then start looking somewhere else where they do.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Yep....

The Lord works in mysterious ways. If He wants you to play, He will provide a way. Prayer, is the best action to take. If God is leading you to play sax for Him, he will definately answer your prayer. Just be prepared for the answer He gives. It may be an avenue you never expected.

So just keep trying, keep praying and don't worry. If God is involved and you follow His will, there is a 100% chance that things will work out right. Too bad the rest of life doesn't have this kind of guarentee. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts